DjangoBooks.com

Launched some products: Audio Technica mounts, DR tailpiece output jack, the "Pick 'Stache"

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭

Necessity is the mother of invention and I'm constantly tinkering to find solutions to optimize my gigging experience

Audio Technica mounts for Gypsy Jazz guitar and Archtops. My preferred choice for acoustic sound. Two options, one for mounting behind the bridge and one for inside the soundhole (lots of petit-bouche players do this as it has great feedback resistance)

DR Tailpiece output jack. A completely removable tailpiece jack that requires no drills to install. Reversible and discreet. Can make with a 1/8" input jack to make your pickup detachable.

The "Pick 'Stache". I like keeping my picks with my guitars for safekeeping and quick access. Thing is, these dang 2.5mm Wegens are too thick for similar pick holders. I don't like stashing it in my strings because it always falls out in my gigbag. This headstock-mounted pick holder solves those issues.

All available on my website https://www.paniquejazz.com/store in limited quantities to gauge interest for now. Thanks for checking it out!

djazzyGouchJangle_JamieBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

Comments

• Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Love the tailpiece insert/jack socket!

Perhaps you could make a clip on dampening unit to stop unwanted overtones from the strings between bridge and tailpiece? Something which looks nice and adds to the overall aesthetic. I have a couple of guitars where these overtones are a little annoying. I've used a shoelace before but not ideal!

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Hi Jamie. I've made just the thing for dampening behind the bridge overtones. Basically it's a length of brass bar with a section of a mouse mat glued to the back. Then I cut 6 string slots in the rubber so it clamps on. Here's a picture.

Jangle_Jamie
    always learning
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@V-dub You should make a disclaimer for the pick stache that the Craig Bumgarner comes sold separately! Ha ha.

I applaud your creative mind and inventiveness in solving some of these little problems.

• V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭

@Jangle_Jamie I do make a mounting asssembly for dearmond-style tone/vol control boxes that pretty much does work as a sound dampener as well. It's also in the shop

Jangle_JamieBillDaCostaWilliams
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Great! I've been told that having string grooves/slots in the bridge which are too deep and pronounced can produce the overtones that are so unwanted. Also using a graphite pencil on each string slot makes them run smoothly and stops overtones to a degree.