DjangoBooks.com

Di Mauro St Louis Blues for sale. Absolute BARGAIN price!

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
in Classifieds Posts: 959

My other guitar by Antoine Di Mauro, the famous 'St Louis Blues' model. As always with Di Mauro there are no labels, dates or serial numbers but these were at their most popular in the 1940s or '50s; although Antoine continued working until 1972.

Probably a spruce top, (but it could be cedar by the colour of it) with laminated maple back and sides with a nice tiger stripe to the veneer. The neck looks to be mahogany with good frets and a straight low action. The neck has been reinforced with three thin metal rods at some time in the past, (the ends are just visible above the nut), and it is perfectly straight with a nice easy action, with a string height of 2mm at the 12th fret but if you play hard you might want to shim the bridge to raise that a little. The bridge and tailpiece are original and the covered tuners are not marked but similar to Selmer or SB type; possibly by l’Huillier et Massicot. 

In good playable condition, though cosmetically it shows some age, it could easily be refinished if desired.

The guitar is in Australia but I can ship safely; for a buyer in the USA it would cost less than US$2,100 delivered.

I have listed it in Reverb for the safety of both buyer and seller. More photos and info there.

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

But it did occur to me maybe this is too cheap, too good to be true?

Do you think I should add a couple of grand so you can feel better about making an offer and we can then haggle it back down a bit?