DjangoBooks.com

Level of Gypsy Fire

makabeymakabey New
edited July 2006 in Gypsy Fire Posts: 20
Hi all of you who own the book,

how difficult are the examples in Gypsy Fire?

Thanks,

makabey

Comments

"difficult" is subjective. each person has there own learning curve and they'll find certain things more difficult than others might think.

that being said, if you want to learn the manouche style, just get the book. they're all licks that are the "trademarks" of this style so you're going to learn them one way or the other.

if difficulty for you is about speed, just forget about that aspect of playing. speed is one of the easiest aspects of playing to surmount (in the big picture). it takes a long time but as long as you work with a metronome and keep on pushing the tempo, you'll get it eventually.
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    I hope that all guitarists from intermediate to advanced will find this book useful. Every lick and solo is played twice (slow and fast) the 4 solos have different levels of difficulty(first one quite easy and the last one quite difficult).
    Best Regards
    Andreas
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I hope that all guitarists from intermediate to advanced will find this book useful.

I think even beginning soloists will have much to gain from Gypsy Fire-even if they can't play the examples from the start, it will do a lot to demystify some of the soloing techniques and keep them from developing a lot of bad habits. The rest will come in time, but it's essential to have a solid foundation...I think this and Gypsy Picking would be a great introduction to anyone interested in learning the style...

Best,
    Jack.
  • makabeymakabey New
    Thanks for your replies.

Jack mentioned also Gypsy Picking as another good foundation book, besides Gypsy Fire, which implies that it would be good to have both books for a good start. Surely. But as great as Gypsy Picking might be, I think that it is not too difficult for me to do rest strokes when downpicking, which the technique part of Gypsy Picking seems to be mostly about. I think that upstrokes are more difficult to do than downstrokes.

makabey