DjangoBooks.com

Any Gypsy jazzers near or in Pasadena Ca area?

Hey there

Anybody in the pasadena ca area want to get together and play tunes? Im an experienced guitarist who is getting into gypsy jazz repetoire.

I would love to find a few intermediate gypsy players for fun and jam

I have a home studio

Scott

Comments

• pdgpdg ✭✭

You could ask David Naiditch in Altadena. He plays chromatic harmonica and has played with Gonzalo and Joscho at times.

• NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭

I'm from there!

Next time I'm back home, I'll look you up!

I think, therefore I am......I think.
  • acorteacorte New

Just messaged you Scotty

Hello there! I am next door in La Canada. I recently returned to the US. Before that I did play in the Lion City Hot Club out of Singapore. I have been back and trying to settle in as well as finding opportunities to make music. I hope that you are still looking to find people to make music with; finding a Manouche player on the first try has to be a good omen.

I have a GJ guitar and although a bit out of practice with that guitar I still have my jazz chops. Love to meet up and see if we can jam. We did do a repertoire that had Gypsy, and standards, some world music and a few odd covers given a Manouche treatment.

We can connect here on the forum if that is cool or send me a DM @ lioncityhotclub on Instagram.

Aloha

Adam

• scotty577scotty577 New

Hey Adam

Let's chat!