DjangoBooks.com

Angelo gigs??

oscaroscar yesNew
edited February 2005 in North America Posts: 52
Anyone know if Angelo Debarre is doing any shows in the states before or after Djangofest LA?

Comments

• tomdavytomdavy laguna beach caNew
    Unfortunately Angelo will not be playing at any shows in the U.S. except Djangofest Los Angeles.

-Tom D. from Laguna
  • oscaroscar yesNew
    Ouch! What a shame. Any particular reason why not?
  • tomdavytomdavy laguna beach caNew
    No particular reason. Personally I think it would be great to see him play some venues but, it would decrease ticket sales and event size if people did not have to travel far to attend the festival to see Angelo.

-Tom From Laguna
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    I think it'd be great and good promotion for Angelo to play other venues apart from LA. This is a big country and interest in gypsy-jazz is growing increasinlgy popular. I was hoping that he'd have had a gig in Seattle, maybe at Jazz Alley where, due to the huge interest in this music in the NW, I'd think he'd sell out during a couple of nights there.

I also note Bireli is touring the US in April/May and is doing 3 gigs in CA and 1 in NY. Same question, why isn't there better promotion and more gigs spread out around the US?

Phil
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    Phil wrote:
    I also note Bireli is touring the US in April/May and is doing 3 gigs in CA and 1 in NY. Same question, why isn't there better promotion and more gigs spread out around the US?
    Phil

That's a good idea Phil....Why don't you get ahold of his management team and book a gig for him. There are quite a few vunues suitable both in Portland and Seattle.

David
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Why don't you get ahold of his management team and book a gig for him.
    David

Hey Lemon Tree!

I emailed his management, so let's see what they say-will let you know

Salut!

Phil