DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jass in Paris August 9-15, '06

edited December 2006 in Europe Posts: 3
Gypsy Jass in Paris August 9-15, '06

Hey Django-freaks!

Gadjo in Paris for first time August 9-15 and would like to catch some gypsy jazz.

got the La Chope in the flea market tip

Other suggestions? Please.

thnx, Ned
Ned Ripple is "On The Air"
---What are you on?---

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Do any of the Parisians on this forum know the usual haunts of Moreno, Boulou, Angelo, etc? I know Moreno and Boulou play at restaurants...any info ??
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    this is by far the best place for info on events (moreno, angelo , etc...)

http://www.djangostation.com/agenda.php ... 2006-08-01

---

for jam session in paris:

http://www.djangostation.com/article.ph ... rticle=291

i don't know if he's still got the gig but every monday at la taverne de cluny (metro St-Michel), Adrien Moignard plays... it's just a block from the mcdonald's... at the same place they have gypsy jazz on thursdays..

i recommend the locandiera jam on tuesdays as well, which is at metro menilmontant.... at the exit look for the mcdonald's at the corner of the street, and go into that direction (on oberkampf).. it's gonna be on your right side...

accross the street and a block away is the sunday night jam at barbon...

well anyway just go on the website and you'll have all sorts of info.. .they have jams/concerts every freakin day.. it's crazy!!!

the level is unbelievably high in paris... the amateurs in paris make the pros here in north america sound like amateurs.... and well the pros ... well you'll see
  • edited December 2006 Posts: 6
    if...i...could.......just......move....my........arm
  • la chope is 'la choppe des puces', it's 122, rue des Rosiers in Saint Ouen, the nearest Metro stop is Porte de Clignancourt, (16th arrondissment, I think) but as it's beyond the periphique you'll have to hoof it a bit. Hope this helps.