DjangoBooks.com

Django Film News!

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited May 2008 in Welcome Posts: 6,153
MARSHALL: What I’m planning on directing is the LANCE ARMSTRONG STORY and another book called THE PERFECT MILE, which is the story of John Landy, Roger Bannister and Wes Santee trying to break the 4-minute mile. And then I have a script about Django Reinhardt who is the father of the modern jazz guitar – a French gypsy. I bought the story idea while making BOURNE IDENTITY in Paris. I met the publisher and got real excited [about it]. So there I am. It’s going to take us until 2010.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1413

Comments

• aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    wonder who is going to play him. probably johnny depp. my bet is on shwarzenegger.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • DiggerDigger New
    My money's on Clint Eastwood.
    "I know what you're thinking, punk. Was that six consecutive downstrokes or only five?
    spatzo
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Please, don't let it be Keanu Reeves.
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    lidsay lohan can play his wife. or better yet, rene zelwiger. of course, django will probably have an irish accent. my new bet is on antonio banderas, but morgan freeman might be a runner-up.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I've heard from inside sources the Johnny Depp in going to play Django. Depp's own production company is already involved in the project and Depp is a Django fan. I think he's probably the best choice...but he better get his Gypsy Picking up to speed before filming that! :D
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    That would make Depp's second time playing a gypsy. He also starred in Sally Potter's The Man Who Cried (which also featured appearances and performances by Taraf de Haïdouks).
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    He was also a Gypsy in Chocolat. He even played a version of Minor Swing on the soundtrack.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i think it'd be really cool if they got jackie chan to play django and chris tucker to play joseph... the ultimate guitar duo!!
  • plankityplankity CTNew
    I remember some very funny posters someone made back in 2003 when there was a lot of talk about a DR bio-pic with Tom Cruise (?) as Django, Peewee Herman as Steph and Celine Dion as Naguine...

Did anyone save copies of those? I wish I had...

Norman CT/USA
  • JonnyJonny SwedenNew
    Since there has been quite an amount of films being produced by independent companies lately, I guess all one can do is to hope that one of these will take on the task, since the chance of a major Hollywood-company shooting it is about as likely as George W Bush passing the 2nd grade's spelling exam.