DjangoBooks.com

NO Bireli at DFNW!

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited October 2006 in North America Posts: 767
I see on the DFNW web site that Bireli appears to have been replaced with: Tchavolo, Dorado and Samson! (That's like trading a Queen for 3 pieces in chess! :lol: )

http://djangofest.com/nw/schedule.htm

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    WTF???

I'm mixed actually, as I have so wanted to see Tchavolo at one of these touring dtaes he has had with Dorado and Samson, so I am very psyched to get to see them, kind of like a gift fell on my lap, right as another one got taken away?

I was so looking forward to Bireli!

-Chuck
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I knew something like this was going to happen. Well... It should be a good show at any rate but "poo" on the live music planner for the DFNW on posting the Bireli show before knowing it would be a for sure thing.

Josh
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I dont remember... does Tchavalo, Dorado, and Sampson speak English?
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    djangology wrote:
    ... does Tchavalo, Dorado, and Sampson speak English?

Jon, that sentence just begs a response...to which I will not stoop.

:D:D
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i'm glad it got cancelled, i was considering going just to see bireli... good thing i didn't buy my tix!!!

tchavolo , dorado, and samson are great... but they play NY all the time (cept tchavolo), i could just catch them one of those times
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    djangology wrote:
    ... does Tchavalo, Dorado, and Sampson speak English?

Jon, that sentence just begs a response...to which I will not stoop.

:D:D

...perhaps they speak American? :D
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I couldn't be more excited about it - and that is not a slight to Bireli.

What you're seeing with those three is the true old school passing all that incredible richness to an heir with the chops to possibly even take it further - and it's happening during a time in which all three are in good playing form. That's pretty rare.

I'm still happy as can be that I began calling WICA for tickets the second the box office opened, so, if you need to reach me Sat/Sun I'll be the one sitting 4th row center, leaning forward & absorbing every note...

For both shows...

-Bob

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • dwannabedwannabe Coupeville, WashingtonNew
    Nick did the old switcheroo at DFLA last winter. He had advertised Ludovic Beier was to appear with Angelo. I thought "how great will this be". Alas; no Ludovic, just Angelo and his cousin with the ever accommodating Simon Planting on double bass (enough can't be said about Simon). It was bitter sweet. We got a great show with Angelo in top form but I drove a great way to see Angelo with Ludovic.

I emailed Nick with my thoughts after the show but alas, I received no reply. I would have to echo the sentiment from a previous response. Don't advertise (or tease us with) a show you can't produce. But other than that, keep up the good work Nick.

John

:D:(
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    John,

Did you see Ludovik with the Schmitts at Jazz Alley last year? He was absolutely mind-bending. I drove up from Portland and went to the first show... and because it wasn't packed... I decided to stay for the second show. Well worth it.

-Bob
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • plankityplankity CTNew
    djangology wrote:
    I dont remember... does Tchavalo, Dorado, and Sampson speak English?

Is our children learning?

Seriously, Tchavolo and Dorado seem to be mainly French speakers... Samson is pretty good with English: I watched him and Ludovic work out 'Spain' with Peter Beets and Brian Torff during the soundcheck at Lincoln Center in August and the entire verbal end of discussions was conducted exclusively in English.

Norman CT/USA