DjangoBooks.com

Western Mass Jam?

JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in North America Posts: 1,752
Hey all,

I'm thinking of trying to start up a Sunday afternoon jam in Western Massachusetts. I'm glad to host at my place in Easthampton, and I'm thinking of something in the 3-6pm range in case people need to drive to/from the session. I know of at least a few players who might drop by, including some other instruments.

Anyone interested?

Best,
Jack.

Comments

• AJATangoAJATango New
    what about moving it slightly east and finding a venuie to host it? They love jams because, people buy food and drink. Some sort of big enough restaurant and/or bar is good. Bluegrass jams work well this way. i say move it father east towards say Worcester so you can get Boston and RI people as well. I'd go :)
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    AJATango wrote:
    i say move it father east towards say Worcester so you can get Boston and RI people as well. I'd go :)

Yeah, but I wouldn't! I do plan on finding a venue to hold it after a bit, but first I want to see how many people we'll get and whether it's a beer or coffee crowd...

You should start one out there; I'll drop in when visiting the family in RI...

Best,
    Jack.
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    I'm not in RI I'm down 495 in MA. How muc fo a draw do you thnk a gypsy jam could get?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, but I think a good number. We've had the Django in June fest for 3 years and people have really picked up on the music. My friend Andrew who put that together is sending out an announcement to his mailing list, and I've heard back from 3 or 4 people already.

People I haven't talked to yet but feel pretty sure about include a clarinettist and a bassist. I know a couple of accordion players who might be into it as well. I'll keep you updated...

Best,
    Jack.