DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Review Database for Gypsy Community

tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
Hi all,
I think that it could be nice (and useful for every one) if we started a Forum topic where to post the guitar reviews made by the community members. Not all guitars (there are other resources on the net) but only our type of guitar. The review could be organized following a specified fixed format, (as made in the database hosted in the Harmony Central site) so that the result would be an archive containing items(with the same information, then easily comparable) for each guitar reviewed by the community members. This will greatly help people to make his choice when buying a new guitar (or the first one).
The format could be as follows :

Product :
Price paid :
Condition :
Features :
Sound :
Action, Fit, & Finish :
Reliability/Durability :
Customer Support :
Overall Rating :

For each field the author should provide his evaluation and review, description, details, suggestions, photos, impressions and so on, also adding, for each field, a synthetic evaluation using a vote for 0 to 10.
The resulting database could be very useful for the community, because of the shared knowledges.
Please express your opinion.
Tommaso
Grazie Django!

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I think it`s a good idea.
    For rating them I would do without the Features(Unless they come with a floyd rose) :lol:, It would be interesting to mention woods and maybe pickups (if any). Also included should be Workmanship.
    Instead of the Action/fit/Finish I would go with Playability (Action and neck) and then Hardware/finish and maybe include Value for the money.
    I hope this database gets done great idea Tommaso!