DjangoBooks.com

Desperately Seeking FLEUR DE LAVENDE and MIRI FAMILIA

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited November 2006 in Welcome Posts: 551
Does anyone know if these CDs are in print? I would very much like to transcribe Fapy's Reverie which I discovered is on Fleur De Lavende since the video is much too garbly for me to work with. I would also like to have Miri Familia (Tchavolo) as well.

If these are no longer in print, (or if someone would like to make Reverie available for purposes of instruction) could someone put these up somewhere or at least send me over the Reverie track?

Thank you

E

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Elliot...both of those titles are out of print.

'm
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Just listening to Miri Familia today on Spotify [since Moreno is still MIA ;-)...] and found this old post. I can't say I fully understand or agree with the compensation plans from online streaming (vs. old fashioned CDs), but for our small niche it is sure a great way for these artists to get greater exposure and keep the music out there. Considering the relatively small audience these great artists would have been playing for in 2006, many of these CDs would have had smaller initial runs and hope they didn't get stiffed with a bunch of extra CDs. If they sold out, they might face minimum order sizes for the reprint that would further leave them guessing if they'd sell 5 more and be stuck with 495 in their garage, etc.

Where in 2006, both of these discs were out of print, I can listen to them digitally at will in 2020. I hope that is providing them some small revenue stream during these times...

rudolfochrist
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B
    edited October 2020 Posts: 248