DjangoBooks.com

Rondo offers yet another sub $200 gypsy jazz guitar

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
Yet another $200 gypsy jazz style guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.net/djg1.html

Gypsy jazz must be taking off if we're seeing more and more cheap Chinese-made knock-off instruments! This one comes with a decent looking case though. Has anyone tried it?

The SX DJG1

# Gypsy Jazz acoustic guitar with Matching Case
# Solid Cedar top
# Rosewood Back and Sides
# Mahogany Neck with 21 fret Rosewood fretboard and adjustable truss rod
# Neck joins body at 14th fret Scale 25.75"
# Oval Soundhole with ornate surround
# Soft horizontal cutaway
# Moustache bridge
# Slotted Peghead
# Steel Strings
# Trapeze Tailpiece
# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 7/8";
# Overall length, including the strap button: 39 3/4"
# Width at the widest point: 15 3/4"
# Body thickness 3 3/4" at edge
# Actual Weight is only 4 1/2 lbs

I actually have had good experiences with Rondo. I bought a couple of extremely cheap electric guitars there. There are surprisingly very nice finishes and workmanship on the Agile line.

I'd say the quality of those instruments is a couple of clicks above the fender squire/epiphone line of instruments. Rondo is definitely an impulse buyers nightmare: "Gee I don't have a guitar with a bigsby style vibrato..."

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    One of the guys I jam with regularly bought one just to have a beater around the camp ground he goes to a lot. He was disappointed even at $200. I played it for a couple minutes. As a guitar it IS worth a couple hundred bucks, but it isn't a GJ guitar sound wise. Sounds like a flat top, NO bark. The fretboard is wide and very flat like a classical. If you are looking for a guitar with a DJ sound, this one won't do and the cheap price won't help.

Craig