DjangoBooks.com

gypsyjazz in paris dec 26-jan 6 ?

gadjogreggadjogreg nebraska✭✭✭
edited December 2006 in Europe Posts: 11
my violin player will be in paris dec 26-jan 6 whats going on in paris for gypsyjazz? would also like to get a violin lesson if possible.

Comments

• brandoneonbrandoneon Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France✭✭✭
    This site posts monthly schedules:

http://www.djangostation.com/agenda.php ... 2006-12-01

When I was in Paris in November I went to "Au Clairon du Chasseur" in Montmartre, on the Place du Tertre. Saw a really nice gypsy jazz guitar duo, and from what I found on the web they seem to have music most nights.

Good luck!
    Brandon
  • The 'Caveau de Hauchette' on the Rue de Hauchette.
    As your standing at Notre Dame with your back to the door, turn left, cross the bridge, cross the street, turn right, you'll pass the shakespere & co. bookshop on your left, stay away from it, when you get to the next road turn left and right again almost imediately, the caveau is one of the first buildings on your left. If you pass a falafal place you've gone too far.
    There's jazz everynight, It's been swing anytime I've been, Patrick Saussois played there just before Samois two years ago. It's an amazing place. There's always swing dancers giving it the full whack and they serve 'till late.