DjangoBooks.com

My new Cordoba 0-5 just showed up!

luxlux Wilmington, NCNew
Michael was super helpful and patient as I chose my guitar and got it all the way across the country lickty-split.

I've been hammering on a Woodland for quite a number of years now and didn't want to admit defeat -- it wasn't cheap to buy, although it definitely is a cheap piece of shit. I spent a lot of time and money in a vain attempt to make it sound right.

I've been playing guitar for 25 years and gypsy style for almost ten, so I know the right hand has to be forceful to get that sound. Just never knew how much my guitar was hindering me. I literally have been hammering to be heard over my bass player and rhythm guitarist. I have even of late had to put my jazz band on haitus and focus on steel guitar because of the tendonitis in my right elbow and shoulder.

Wow, just wow. Now I'm hearing that sound without having to beat the crap out my guitar and body.

Can't imagine what a true high end guitar must sound like. This one will do for now, though.

Thanks Michael and thanks to the forum (lurked for a long long time, but never had a reason to post 'till now).

Comments

• valdaevaldae new orleansNew
    lux

Did you tweak the guitar at all, or did you accept as is? Specifically, did you change out the bridge, tuners, or tailpiece?
    "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." - Plutarch
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    If you need help with set-up and want to talk to someone closer than Seattle, you can e-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->. Pilot Mountain is about a four hour drive from Wilmington. I just finished setting up my friend's Manouche D hole. It's a fabulous guitar but the action was way too low and it needed a few minor things to get it really sounding great.
    I'm no expert but I can help.
    Ken Bloom