DjangoBooks.com

New cd "Rosas" by Lollo Meier

emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
edited January 2007 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 472
The new Lollo's cd, featuring violinist Tcha Limberger, has been released. I've received it from Lollo and I can tell that is really impressive.
If you want to order a copy you can visit the Susan's website http://www.gypsymusic.nl or the Lollo's website http://www.lollomeier.nl
Enjoy!
8)

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    We've got a box of them coming in soon!
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Hi Emiliano,

I checked Susans Website and couldn´t find Lollos first CD "Szigano Swing" there any more. Do you know if it is still available or is it sould out?

Best,
    Barengero
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    Try to send a mail to Susan. If you have problems let me know and I'll contact her or Lollo for you.
    Bye
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's still available....we have some:

• sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    edited January 2007 Posts: 415
    Michael, you linked to Hondarribia, not Rencontres (Szigano Swing) -- however it looks like you do have Rencontres in stock:

meier_szigano.jpg

I like Rencontres a lot, however I REALLY like Hondarribia -- the clarinet and guitar work together beautifully on this album.

John
    I love all the Lollo's recording, from first to last. He's for sure one of my favourite players, I'm mad for him. He's like a heady gentle wind.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    What is that groovy looking old axe featured on the cover of Hondarriba? I'm not sure whether I like its sound or its looks better, but I like both. It looks so dark - and sounds so mellow - I'm guessing a redwood soundboard and mahogany back. Either that or it's just so dang old that it has a deep "suntan" from being played outside for 30 years.

Of course, it sounds better simply by being played by this guy - he's terrific - but that guitar sure isn't hurting his sound any.

It looks like the same one he was playing in the video of his group playing China Boy.

I mean... check out the tone... about 1:05 into "I won't dance"... If I had to bet on what Django's tone would have been if recorded with modern mics, this would be pretty darned close. His tone is fat but his intonation is focused. Wow. http://67.139.134.253/cb02d345/l/lollomeier-05.mp3

By the way - Thanks for your grills Emicad. You're the only source I can find for some really cool songs (R-Vingt-Six & Joseph Joseph to name two)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    Thanks to you Bob.
    :D
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Bob Holo wrote:
    What is that groovy looking old axe featured on the cover of Hondarriba? I'm not sure whether I like its sound or its looks better, but I like both.

looks like a Di Mauro
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i highly recommend his latest CD... There's nothing to say about lollo's playing that isn't already said... and you can know what to expect with the video clips that have been psoted... however, the extra treat on this cd is the violinist (Also guitarist) Tcha Limberger.. who also spent some time hungary to learn with the masters of hungarian violin....

tcha is a phenomenal musician full of taste and creativity.. he's all about spontaneity and very few licks ... check it out!!!