DjangoBooks.com

Wegen Button

pmh425pmh425 Middle Island, NY✭✭✭✭
A friend of mine gave me a Wegen Button a while back and I never used it much because I found it difficult to maintain a grip. This past weekend I filed some grooves on both sides of the pick and it is now quite wonderful. It is fantastic for Rhythm and works well for lead as well. I am curious as to why these are not sold with grooves similar to the other Wegen picks.
-Peter

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Peter,

If I remember right, the Button started out as a private job-someone sent in a pick they loved to have it duplicated, and M.Wegen liked the result so much he asked if he could start selling them as well. That could explain the smooth finish. If you'd like grooves, he'll certainly put them in for you-all you have to do is email him direct with an order instead of going through a third party.

Best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I could order a custom one if you'd like....let me know.

'm
  • pmh425pmh425 Middle Island, NY✭✭✭✭
    I don't really need special order Wegen button picks, it's not really a big deal to add the grooves myself. My point was why they aren't there in the first place when all the other Wegen Picks I have seen have either grooves or holes ,depending on the style of pick.
    -Peter
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Not sure....
  • pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    Regarding the groves, here's an excerpt form an email I got from Michel Wegen describing the button:
    The Button is a typical pick for rythm players. It's 5 mm thick, and instead of a point, it has more like an edge for plaing. It doesn't has any grip, and the pick will adjust it's position when you play.
  • pmh425pmh425 Middle Island, NY✭✭✭✭
    Before I added the grooves, I had a hard time keeping it in the correct position, it actually sort of slowly spun around.

The Button is a typical pick for rythm players. It's 5 mm thick, and instead of a point, it has more like an edge for plaing. It doesn't has any grip, and the pick will adjust it's position when you play.
    -Peter