DjangoBooks.com

my new AJL

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited February 2007 in Photos Posts: 2,159
I just got my new AJL... before I post a review... let me just say one thing, Ari-Jukka is one of the best luthiers I've ever dealt with... Extremely professional and great communication... We ran into massive problems with UPS (boycott UPS), the guy went out of his way to help me out... anyway it took over 3 weeks to receive the guitar (with no apologies from UPS after having lost it then deciding to charge me 800$ in tax which was later reduced to 80$ when they realized their mistake)

Anyway, this guitar is the best guitar i've ever owned, great loud response, nice bass, with just the right amount of treble, the neck is a bit bigger than the other AJLs I've tried, but still comfortable... workmanship is amazing... the guitar plays itself...

i brought it to a gypsy jazz jam session and everyone agreed. I remember at samois (before he began construction of my guitar), AJ lent me one of his spares... it wasn't even 5 minutes that I had in my hands, that one of the Demeters asked to buy it from me .... at samois a lot of the gypsies were asking to play my guitar....

well the one I received last friday is much better than the one I had, which proves one thing, AJ is very consistent with his work.... I've yet to try one AJL that was simply average, I ve tried many (Samois, 2004, 2005, 2006 , Andreas' AJL)... A student also bought an AJL (which then ended up at 12th Fret in Toronto because of money problems), that guitar was also phenomenal.... \

the next best thing about AJL guitars, is owning a selmer replica case in fiberglass... this thing is the ultimate travel companion and looks ultra-slick.. i've flown with it so many times, it's always protected the guitar... I now have 3 in my hands, but I ll have to send one back along with the loaner guitar...

So without further ado here are the pics

Comments

Nice.

Link for AJL?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    AJL is here:
    http://www.ajl-guitars.com/

Can't wait to hear it in person, and by the way congratulations on the HCR distribution!

Best,
    Jack.
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Nice! Yours has the 10th fret dot, huh?

So what does "Mich Mich" mean?

John
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Congratulations - is that a French polish?

Man....that case is slick.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    MichMich is a nickname .... ya it's as lame as Joseph's Nin-Nin... but i didn't choose it...

to be honest, i don't know what kind of polish it is nor do i know anything about it... i just told AJ to build me a good playable guitar, and thatr was that...

I will post clips of it soon as I will have to record clips for Schatten pickups with this baby

yes i specifically asked for a dot on the 10th fret, i asked that trhe fingerboard be thicker too so it can easily accomodate a stimer...
  • kidtulsakidtulsa New
    Hey Dennis,
    Beautiful guitar!
    Do AJL make their own flight cases? Are they available separately?
    thanks!