DjangoBooks.com

Bob & Djadam- Where did you get the tool for 250 trussro

I've looked at StewMac and at the online store where I got the Gitane with no luck. I'd really like to take some relief out of the neck. Is the Hex Wrench-Allen Key metric or inch scale?
Thanks guys,
David

Comments

• djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Mine came with my guitar. I think I read somewhere that it is a 5mm Allen Key.
  • mchllynemchllyne New
    The appropriate Allen key for the 250m is marked CRV 4 and is 4mm wide.The long section of an Allen key easily reaches the nut through the small sound-hole--you just need to turn the key with a pair of pliars to get a bit of traction.I thought it would be fiddly but was it was simple.
    Mike
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I forget which one works in the D250M - could be a 3/16 or a 9/64 or a 4mm - those common. It sounds like you have two other answers that line up on 4mm so start there.

However - I wanted to tell you about a type of allen wrench - "Ball End"

They make the job a LOT easier... The shaft of a ball end terminates in this little disco-globe thingie which allows you to grip in the allen bolt even if your approach is at an angle. This is how I adjust all my necks now... Man, there is no substitute for a ball-end Hex. I know that Bondhus makes them - I don't know who else does.

http://www.crawfordtool.com/bondhus_balldrivers.html
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • drollingdrolling New
    Thank you so much, gentlemen. I've been throwing out that question at acoustic guitar forums for the last year. It's great to finally get an answer!
    All the best,
    David
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    drolling wrote:
    Thank you so much, gentlemen. I've been throwing out that question at acoustic guitar forums for the last year. It's great to finally get an answer!
    All the best,
    David

Yeah, we seem to be lucky enough to have a few guitar geniuses in this forum! It's indeed 4mm - confirmed it today when I got mine adjusted for me.