DjangoBooks.com

Looking for a hand-built git-box

melodymakermelodymaker Hornby Island, BC CanadaNew
edited March 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 51
Ive been playing a gitane for a year, and am now on the search for a beautiful hand-built instrument. Im leaning towards the favino style or the a 14 fret d hole. i live on vancouver island BC... looking for something within reach.
~ django lives ~

Comments

• campfirecampfire New
    Two words. Shelly Park.

Larry
    www.larrycamp.com (my personal jazz guitar website)
    www.impromptujazz.com (my gypsy-jazz website)
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    110 % with Larry. I have a Encore, and it plays like butter.
    Tone, comfort, playability, craftmanship... you know when you play it, that she plays too !!! Everything you're looking for is in your hands.
    And besides, you are right there !!!
    - JG
  • melodymakermelodymaker Hornby Island, BC CanadaNew
    She does build exquisite guitars. And I am good friends with Laurence Nyberg here on Hornby. I don't know if any know of his craftmanship, but he too builds wonderful Mac's and more.

I guess what Im really trying to inquire about is.... Does anyone have a beuatiful hand build Macafferri and wishes to pass it on to player in need for under 2000.. Ideally a long scale length.. Favino style intrigues me, as does the D hole.

I know a lot of people on this forum have many guitars.. Im interested in putting one to use. I am a studying musician age 22, living on Hornby Island BC... on a budget, and in need of quality tools. Do you have one?

thanks. leads are lovely.
    ~ django lives ~
  • NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    Hi There- I've got a R.J.Aylward guitar built in 1998 which i played and recorded with for a while (before getting my Favino) which I would sell for $1800.It was originally green but has now been restored to it's natural color (thank god!)

Cheers,

Robin
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
  • melodymakermelodymaker Hornby Island, BC CanadaNew
    Im interested Robin. I sent you a PM.
    ~ django lives ~