DjangoBooks.com

Cheap gypsy guitar...

Hello....

I have just bought the book "Gypsy fire", and i really enjoy playing the examples and songs in the book. I am currently playing on my electric ibanez so..........
I dont have much money at the moment, so my price limit is about 1000$
So far I have been looking at Cordoba, dell'arte and Saga, but I dont know anything about these brands.
So what will you guys recommend for a gypsy newb?

Comments

• RichRich New
    The saga gitanes are by far the best budget selmer style guitars in my opinion.
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    Do spend the few extra dollars to have it setup properly. I can't emphasize enough how improtant that is. This is a demanding style of guitar playing. Better to remove major obstacles from the start. It will sound so much better.
    Ken Bloom
    It looks like the only gitane guitars i can get where i live (Denmark, i will buy in Germany though) is the DG-250, 255, 310 and D-500. At the moment i am looking mostly at the D-500, it costs 486.55 euro here.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    We ship to Europe all the time....

See: https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/ca ... -saga.html
    I know that you ship to Europe. The only problem is that 28% of the price will be added to the price when it gets to Denmark (due to stupid tax reasons). Therefore i would prefer to buy in a EU country.
    After some minutes of calculating, I have come to the conclusion that it is cheaper anyhow to by from you, so that is probably what i will do.
  • fretburnerfretburner Victoria BC CanadaNew
    I have 2 Gitanes, a 250-m and a d-500

Both were already setup when I got them. Lucky me.

But any Ive tried in a music store fresh off the truck have been setup really bad.

As far as the 250-m goes, a friend of mine who has owned 3 Shelly parks and a Favino prefers my 250-m over all of them (and he is an advanced player)

Makes me happy! he cant put my 250 down when we jam though so I had to get the 500!
    8)