DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

dprizznick Matthew Clements Slo100 mazmonsters RonD

Fake manouche on eBay?

sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0102706748

The seller says he thinks it may be fake/mislabeled. I tend to agree but I'm not sure.

What do you all think? Schaller tuners and a Saga tail. 9th fret dot. No number on label. Is this maybe a very early Manouche, from before they got their own tails, tuners, etc.?

John

Comments

• manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    Hi it's not possible... every Manouche is accounted for, the very first one happily residing in England... we would never use a Saga tailpiece on our guitars and never any other tuners but our own... from the very first guitar made. Interesting though. Maybe it's an old Dell Arte?
    After checking this out on eBay I'm sure this is a fake so BEWARE! My guess is someone copied the label from our website... the guitar could be anything... a D-500 probably and maybe an upgraded Aria or something but I would guess a Saga with a Manouche label pasted in... Manouche always puts the fret marker on the 10th fret for all models except by special order. I have notified Tony and John at Manouche that we may have a label problem out there. Thanks, Robert
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    The shape of the D-hole, the trim, and the finish don't say "Gitane" to me. I am pretty sure it's an Aria MM-10 which has had the peghead logo removed & tuners & tail swapped & fake label applied.

4c4a_3.JPG mm10_edit_clip_h1200.jpg

It's good that the seller is being honest but the most honest thing for him to do would be to pull that fake label out!
    After looking at this a little closer it looks more like an Aria to me so I agree with you... the cheap finish and bridge should be a dead give away... aside from the headstock etc. We are investigating this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Robert