DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

DeadOke magicbob qw21qw21 DoyleRamse RemonaCris

I need a starter guitar !!!

ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 56
I'm new in GJ and i need a starter guitar and i need an advice.I have a low budget, 400-450$. I think I'm going for an used Saga Dg255(M). I like the maple one but i hate the peg head.
What do you think..???I should wait for a Dg300?? I won't to know a good price for a Dg300....Thanks!!![/quote]

Comments

• marcieromarciero Southern MaineNew
    You should check ebay recent auctions for idea of used prices for these guitars. I have been waffling on selling my D-500 but it would probably not make sense to shipp to E. Europe.

Mike A
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    How can I calculate shipping taxes for a gypsy guitar from US to Europe (Romania)???...I've searched on ebay.fr but the prices of gypsy guitars are much higher...I wait for opinions....should I wait for a DG300??
    Whats a good price for an used Dg300?

Thanks !!!
    P.S. : Sorry for my english !!!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi...send me your address and I can tell you what it will cost to ship to a guitar to Romania.

-Michael
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Thanks for help Michael!

As you said, the shipping taxes are way to high...One more question...What do you think about Patenotte 256???Used it costs 800$ and I can buy one from Germany...Is it a good deal?? If not i think I'll wait until September when my sister comes back form U.S.
    Could you give me some links from european stores?

Thanks again !!!

All my respect !!!
  • marcartemimarcartemi Shanghai ChinaNew
    Hi!
    I got mine from a shop in Toulouse (France) it is a Gallato serie 2 (copy 1939), for really cheap (250 EUR) and quality not so bad but it is not on the website.. and it was their last one in the shop (http://www.valley-and-blues.com/).
    Maybe you can find second hands there or in other shops in France.... the shipment should be way cheaper than from the USA.

Good luck!
    Marc
    ..little by little..
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    The Patenotte 256 is a good guitar. I owned one for about 1.5 years and loved it. With a good set up they are worth the money but an odd guitar to play. There are a short scale that joins at the 14th fret. This has allot to do with the tone. They play and sound like a vintage instrument. So if your looking for a super fast lead guitar the 256 is not it but it is great for a trad tone and good rhythm. A great stater guitar for GJ.

On the other hand a DG-300 (Saga Gitane) is great too. Much more of a lead machine but also great when it comes to rhythm. I own one of these and play it allot. I like the mid punch it has for lead work.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Patenottes are good guitars and they really sound like gypsy guitars, I highly recommend it. If you want the sound and the feeling of such a guitar and don't care about detailed craftmanship, you got it.
    But also since you're in Europe are you sure you don't have any more local luthier that build these guitars ? I would check that, they are plenty in Europe.
    Good luck,
    - JG