DjangoBooks.com

New CD: Jimmy Rosenberg and Stian Carstensen Rose Room

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited October 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 6,151
This will be coming in soon...pre order now!

jimmy_rose.jpeg

For more info click here: Jimmy Rosenberg

-Michael

Comments

• CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not a big Jimmy fan, but Stian Carstensen is amazing. His work (on accordion, guitar, and banjo) with his band Farmers Market is some of the most out-there, original music I've ever heard, and his more straight musette and Bulgarian accordion playing, as heard on the Winter & Winter label's "Orient Express" audio movie CD, is skillful and beautiful. I can't wait to hear what he does in a Hot Club setting.
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Cuimean wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not a big Jimmy fan, but Stian Carstensen is amazing. His work (on accordion, guitar, and banjo) with his band Farmers Market is some of the most out-there, original music I've ever heard, and his more straight musette and Bulgarian accordion playing, as heard on the Winter & Winter label's "Orient Express" audio movie CD, is skillful and beautiful. I can't wait to hear what he does in a Hot Club setting.

Stian is an amazing musician
    Used to work with Ian Ballamy--excellent UK sax player i used to jam with
    Hes an amazing banjo player as well--came in ivor Mairants once and blew us away
    Stu
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I just saw the film MirrorMask over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see Stian Carstensen both on the soundtrack and in the film as the accordionist in a circus band. Trifon Trifonov, the sax player in Carstensen's group Farmers Market, also appeared. The soundtrack (a nifty jazzy take on circus music and Eastern European folk) was composed by Iain Ballamy. The film was fun; check it out if it's playing near you.