DjangoBooks.com

New CD: Wawau Adler

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited May 2007 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 527
Wawau Adler will have his new CD out soon. The title is "Back to the roots Vol. 2" (Satin Doll records 1059-1). The release will be in June.

Link:
www.satindoll.de

On this CD Wawau again is backed by Holzmano Winterstein on rhythm guitar and Joel Locher on bass. And again he invited Marcel Loeffler on accordeon on some tracks. A new guest on his CD is Costel Nitescu (very nice: The Man I love).

On his first "Back to the roots"-album Wawau played primarily Standards of the Gypsy Jazz Genre (hope this term is o.k. for you, Teddy). On his new record he widens his repertoire. So, for example, we can hear a "Yardbird Suite", a very swinging "Days of wine and roses", "Black Orpheus", "People", "Speak softly love", "The Lady is a tramp". And there is one composition of Wawau himself, a swinging blues called "For Holzmano".

A very fine CD! I am looking forward to Samois this year, where Wawau will perform on saturday. And he will play the Burgthann Jazz Burgfest (01.07.2007) and the Hildesheim Gypsy Jazz Festival this year (15.07.2007) as well.

Best,
Barengero

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    There is the Leo Eimers guitar again. I love that thing. I wish I had the money.
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    And for those who don't know, Wawau will also be teaching and performing at Django in June this year in Northampton, MA. He'll offer a masterclass and concert on Saturday, June 16th. Some guy named Gottsegen on rhythm guitar.

I just got word from WAMC that Ted and Wawau are going to do a live radio show the morning of Friday June 15th from around 11:30 to noon. Should be streaming live on WAMC.org for those who'd like to catch them.

Andrew
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Ted G. replacing Holzmano Winterstein? Wow! Ted is cool, as we all know.

Best,
    Barengero