DjangoBooks.com

Echoes of Spain

manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
edited October 2008 in Unaccompanied Django Posts: 199
This sure has been a fun song to learn to play but could never have done it without Michael's Gypsy Picking book! Thanks Michael! I recommend this to anyone as a great addition to their growing Django solo list. I struggled with the intro chords until I finally let my right hand relax... that was the key for me.

Robert

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I just finished learning this this weekend. I actually started it back in February, worked through the first couple of pages and hit a rut on the third page. I finally got back to it last week when I had some time to devote, and the whole thing just fell into place. Plating any one of these pieces really gives a sense of how much Django thought of his guitar as a mini-orchestra. And being an ex-classical player, this was the perfect piece to start with.

Great tune! Great transcription! And having the CD with helps immeasurably in getting all the nuance. Thanks so much, Michael, for all the work you put into this.

Now, which tune to tackle next...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks Michael!

I'd give the Improv#6 a go. It's not too hard and sounds really nice!

'm
  • dayjobdayjob SeattleNew
    I would be in the aforementioned third page rut, but am having a blast learning this song.

I use a line6 guitarport and play along with the song on the cd. Michael mentions in the book that some of the songs on the cd are not concert pitch and I find this song to be set to 444hz. The likely culprit is the recording equipment.
    dayjob