DjangoBooks.com

Raising Schertler Amps

JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

A quick question-my bandmate often uses a mic stand to elevate his AER (it has a threaded attachment on the bottom), and it wasn't until we went to do the same with my David that I realized the Schertler seems designed to accept only a speaker or PA type stand (no threads, larger diameter).

My question is, is there an adapter I can buy for use on the mic stand, or do I have to buy a whole other piece of equipment? The weight on the two amps is comparable, so I imagine a mic stand could hold it, though the adapter could be a weak spot.

Or should I just keep using a chair?

thanks,
Jack.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Jack- i am pretty sure there is an adapter although at this point the name of which elludes me. I would check with a pro sound company to see if they have one or if they know where to get one. I can tell you from working in music stores if it is not really common most places wont carry it, although Guitar centers can sometimes surprise you. Although if the amp is really nice I don't know that I would trust it. I used to tell my friends who came into the music store where I worked. The conversation would often go "hey Cale you guys got one of those stands to put your amp on? I am playing with these horn players and it is hard to hear my blues junior (or whatever small amp) I want to get it off the floor do you have one of things that can hold your amp so it is easier to hear? My response was always " what you mean a chair" I always found that easiest. I hope that helps.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Jack...I've never tried mounting an amp on a mic stand, but I would highly advise against it since mic stands are not designed to support a 20 pound amp. The Schertler's will work with any generic PA stand. I think you can pick them up pretty cheap.

'm
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Have to agree with Michael. I used to put my Compact 60 on a stand, but it never felt stable. In fact, it often leaned a bit one way or the other. I never could find a sturdy enough stand to make it work. Get a PA stand if possible.