DjangoBooks.com

Django Festival, August 2, Cambridge MA

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
edited August 2007 in North America Posts: 244
On 8/2/07, at 7:30pm, The Django Reinhardt Festival featuring Dorado Schmitt will be at Regattabar in Cambridge, MA. $25/ticket price.

They call it a festival, but it's more like a performance, in the great style of Django and Stephane Grapelli. Dorado and Samson are always fun to watch.

FEATURING:
Dorado Schmitt - lead guitar
Samson Schmitt - lead and rhythm guitar
Ludovic Beier - Accordion and accordina
Pierre Blanchard - Violin
Brian Torff - bass

Comments

• skiski Boston, USANew
    Darn - I'll be away on vacation! I really need to work on my timing....

Thanks for the heads up though!

ski
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Success! Fresh from their appearance days earlier at the Lowell Folk Festival, the concert by Dorado Schmitt's group was fantastic. We were 10 feet away from the group. If you ever get the chance to hear them, with Pierre Blanchard on violin and Ludovic Beier on accordion, do it'll be well worth it. These guys are every bit the equal of the Schmitts, and the interplay between members was joyous and enthusiastic. Brian Torff played an electric standup bass, and at times the sound was so deftly sculpted I thought I was listening to an orchestra. I also got a chance to check out some right-hand gypsy picking technique!

-Rob