DjangoBooks.com

Bastille Day W/ HC Philly 7-14

HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in North America Posts: 147
Hey folks,

Come and celebrate
Bastille Day, July 14 at Rembrandt's
located at 23rd and Aspen, in the Art Museum area, Philadelphia.
Great food and drink and hot music! 215-763-2228
6:00-9:00 www.hotclubphilly.com
www.rembrandts.com

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Barry, I am stuck in West Virginia for two weeks, so I'll miss the gig, but have a great show and see you somewhere when I get back.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    I'm looking forward to meeting you all of you in the Philly area! Do you still need a higher bridge Michael?????? I can get it out Monday... How is your Manouche family doing?

Robert
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Robert, I tried replying three times while in West Virginia, but I couldn't hold a connection long enough to get the messages sent. Lost each one of them... So now that I am home, here goes.

By all means send the bridge. Do you have my address, or shall I call or e-mail you?

Robert, I just can't say enough about your (meaning Manouche) guitars! I am taking a short break from practice with the Orchestre, and I simply love it. I have only had it a month, and I was gone for almost all of that time, so I have minimal seat time with it, but the sound so far is incredible! Louder than anything, even louder than my Jazz even. The tone is very rich, with just a bit of vintage GJ sound to it. I'm not sure how the Manouche showdown is going to play at my house. One day I prefer the Jazz, the next the Orchestre. One thing I will say, anyone who thinks the Orchestre won't work as a solo instrument is nuts! I actually prefer the more rounded neck shape on the Orchestre as well. The D-500 has moved to the "sell" pile...

I'll give you more feedback after I have settled in more with the Orchestre. You already know I love the Jazz. BTW, Michael H. played my Jazz at Django in June and commented that it is a very good one. I am pretty content with my two Manouches. I may want to add a vintage guitar to the collection one day, or maybe a Favino-style axe, but for now, I am very content indeed.

Let me know what you need to send the bridge. No hurry, it plays beautifully with Ernie's shims.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
    Hey Robert,
    I see that you'll be visiting Philly. Let me know when you're planning
    to visit.
    Barry