DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

tony30 Christophe Perugini thd85

My new Manouche Modele Jazz Guitar!!

I just got a Modele Jazz guitar and wanted to give my two cents about for those considering getting one. I owned a Hodson guitar before, and I've played a good amount of gypsy jazz guitars. This guitar is no joke. It plays like butter and sounds like a dream. It is so loud and peircing. Each note rings like no other guitar I;ve ever played does....it is fantastic. The neck feels great too....which is important to me since I play my classical guitar a lot and sometimes I get accustomed to the wide neck....but this guitar's neck is just a little bit smaller and not very thick. It feels perfect. The color and overall look of the guitar is great. I have it on a stand in my room and every time I walk in, I just stare at it hahaha. Manouche guitars seem to have a more orangy body color, but it looks nice none the less. And once again, the sound....is surprisingly good for a semi-luthier made guitar. Sounds just as good, if not better than the Hodson I used to own. I highly recommend this guitar to anyone thinking of spending money on a high-end gypsy jazz guitar but not wanting to spend the amount of money a luthier guitar costs. Its just the same. And cheaper. Comes with a nice case too. Awesome.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Nelson good to hear you like your guitar. You don't happen to go to Florida State do you?
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • nelson84nelson84 New
    haha sorry, I go to UM.....thats a shame....i cant imagine there is another manouche player at UM whom I could jam with.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Hahaha damn. I know a classical player here at FSu named Nelson who also plays Jazz and is interested in Gypsy Jazz. I have told him to come here and check out the forum. I also just realized you said you owned a Hodson which would have been a give away since I know he never owned a hodson he would have told me. Any way cool to have you on here. Is your UM U of Miami? or a different one? If it is good to see more Florida Gypsy Jazzers.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.