DjangoBooks.com

Sinti Rhythm tonight Saturday August 11th in Cambridge

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
edited August 2007 in North America Posts: 244
Sinti Rhythm is playing tonight, Saturday August 11th, at Atwood's Tavern, 855 Cambridge Street in Cambridge. They start at 10:00 pm. Drop on by—we'll be there.

-Rob

P.S.: Jack, Sinti Rhythm's name on the Atwoods page links to Americanouche's myspace page, not Sinti's site. Have their web person fix that.

Comments

• robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Sinti Rhythm was in great form last night, with Jack and Lex on guitars, Matt on bass, and Jason Anick on violin. Jack, Lex, and Jason were all attendees of Django in June, so any of you who were there are likely to have heard their crisp rendering of Django's material and imaginative soloing styles.
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    We had a ball gigging with them on 8/7. more gigs shall be had by golly! next month Ameranouche graces and honors the stage for us but, I look forward to our next gig with the Rhythm that is Sinti :)

-Adriel
    http://www.myspace.com/aadreamindigo
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Glad you guys had a good gig Adriel. Keep posting news of your gigs, and one of these nights I might try to make it over.
    -Rob
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    I take that as a threat, Rob ;)

We hope to see you at a gig soon :)
  • SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the kind words. The gigs this week were a blast.

By the way Adriel, your band absolutely rocks! I'm desperately trying wrap up a Jazz Comp degree this month so I couldn't stay for the whole show, but wow. I read about the instrumentation, but it really didn't register how hot dual female vocalists, winds and lots of strings were going to be until I got to hear it live. The arrangements and playing was great as well.

Oh, and the impromptu pre-show guitar trio jam was a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to see you guys playing with our buddies in Ameranouche. That sounds like a cool show.

Atwood's was a blast. Any gig at Atwood's is exciting because there's always the chance that Saxophonist Andy Voelker will push through the crowd and jump on stage. Usually for a whole set or two! This time we didn't think he'd show, but right before we called the last tune there he was horn in hand.

If anyone in the Boston area gets a chance to see this guy with any of his ensembles, you should take it. His writing and playing are both really impressive. It's sophisticated and natural, virtuousic and relaxed. He's just such a mature player.

Anyhow, back to charts, and practicing conducting petrouchka.
    :roll:
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jack,

I think I'm going to take my dad to Boston on Sunday for the closing of the Hopper exhibit at the MFA; any chance you guys will be playing that evening?

If not, we'll have to get you out here for a double bill soon-I want to throw a party to introduce Lex to the local players after he's moved in, so maybe we can make a weekend of it sometime!

best,
    Jack.
  • SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    Sadly no gigs this sunday. That being said, anytime you're in Boston, let me know, and bring your guitar. I'm always up for a jam.

The double-bill-weekend-Lex-welcoming plan sounds great to me. I'd love to do any and all of that.

Also sometime in sep. or early oct. My landlord is planning another one of his block party barbecues, and demands there be a hot DjangoJam. Last year we had Duane Andrews, and NY Ben Wood join us and it was like a little slice of the jams I hold so dear from Samois and DIJ. So if you guys can make it down and you're hungry, you and Matt should sit in. I'll PM you when I've got a specific date.

Anyhow, there are some great gigs coming up in september I'll post about soon, and I may have found a host venue for a monthly Boston GJ jam. More about that soon.

regards,
    Jack
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    All right! I'm looking at Friday the 7th of September for a welcoming bash...details to follow, probably via email. Keep it open if you can!

best,
    Jack.
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    Soref wrote:
    By the way Adriel, your band absolutely rocks! I'm desperately trying wrap up a Jazz Comp degree this month so I couldn't stay for the whole show, but wow. I read about the instrumentation, but it really didn't register how hot dual female vocalists, winds and lots of strings were going to be until I got to hear it live. The arrangements and playing was great as well.

Oh, and the impromptu pre-show guitar trio jam was a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to see you guys playing with our buddies in Ameranouche. That sounds like a cool show.

We were glad to have you! Thanks for the kind words! That's not even the whole group. I have BIG plans :twisted: :shock: :mrgreen: 8) ok enough emoticon fun hehe yeah you guys sounded great at the jam part too!

We'd be psyched to see you out at the next gig with Ameranouche, I'll have to pick my jaw up off the floor though ;) Ok one more emoticon!