DjangoBooks.com

New Mexico Django Fest

edited October 2007 in North America Posts: 10
Manouche Guitars North America and Le Chat Lunatique present the 2nd Annual New Mexico Django Fest in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The dates are: October 19, 20, 21

Stay tuned for details

Comments

Check out lechatlunatique.com for schedule details

Anybody interested in coming to Albuquerque and enjoying the fest or maybe even being featured?

Contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
  • edited October 2007 Posts: 10
    NM Django Fest 2007
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    We are lining up workshops so if anyone has a preference for types of workshops they would attend please contact me or John Sandlin. Thanks!

Robert

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    Hi all... we've just confirmed that Howard Alden will be playing at the second annual New Mexico Djangofest. There may be workshops as well and will keep everyone posted. Let's all support our festivals here in the Southwest! Thanks

Robert
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Will Jimmy Rosenberg be there...or Moreno?
    No, Moreno won't fly... so I doubt he'll ever leave Europe except by boat maybe. I talked to Howard today and he will be offering a jazz workshop. We will keep you posted on undates...
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    What about Raphael Fays?
    NO... I really wanted to show off the great talent we have here in the Southwest... Archtop Eddy's band and the bands from Arizona and New Mexico are terrific. There may be a few special guest performers with Howard Alden as well. And a great jam session for everyone on the last day on Old Town Plaza... beautiful in October! Howard will be performing a number of things from the "Sweet and Lowdown" soundtrack.
  • Keep in mind that DjangoFest NW's first year started small, and that is the idea with our festival. They had Pearl Django (local) and the Robin Nolan Trio (long-time friends of Nicholas) on the 2000 line-up.

There are some great django bands in the Southwest region who deserve recognition and support, just as Pearl Django did at DFNW. Our big draw for the fest this year is Howard Alden, who is after all, the "second greatest guitar player in the world". You've seen Sweet and Lowdown right?

In the future years of this festival I would love to bring Fapy, Moreno, Jimmy,Tchavolo, Birelli etc., but for now it must start small and grow, just as Northwest did.

Viva NMDF!
    Johnny
    But keeping in mind that they also had the advantage of an audience in the North West (also true of the North East) the festival will also include Brazilian and other jazz forms that will certainly appeal to a broader base.

Robert