DjangoBooks.com

Question about the Gitanes

Which of the Gitane models do you think has the best tone? I'm more concerned about a good sounding rhythm guitar than a loud lead player. Any suggestions?

Comments

I love my D500 and use it for lead and rhythm! Some players think of the grande bouche as mainly for rhythm, but I dig it for everything. 8)
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    My opinion is you buy a D-500 from Michael... Josh does a nice set-up and Michael will give you a good price... you can't go wrong.

Robert
  • loumt123loumt123 New
    Alright cool I appreciate the input. I think in the long run it's going to be between a Gitane and a Manouche ( I read somewhere blonde finishes are in the works or something) it just depends on how much cash I have when that time comes.
  • loumt123loumt123 New
    Well I think I've decided on the d-500. What are some of the necessary upgrades I should order on the guitar? Custom bridge? New tailpiece or just leather installed under the current one?

If I could find a used manouche that would change my mind. Do you guys know where they pop up used most often?
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    I have a couple previously played if you're interested

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks