DjangoBooks.com

FS: Dell'Arte "Manouche" model prototype

mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
edited September 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 74
After much consideration, I'm putting up a very rare, special Dell'Arte for sale to finance a vintage gypsy jazz guitar acquisition. This guitar is one of just two pre-production prototypes created by Dell'Arte when they introduced the highly acclaimed, limited edition run of 50 "Manouche" model guitars to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Django's death in 2003.

This guitar is satin finished, laminated east indian rosewood back and sides, solid German silver spruce top, 14-fret oval hole Selmer replica. It is, in absolute honesty, the very best Dell'Arte I've ever played out of dozens of their guitars - an exceptional guitar in all respects. I have a wonderful photograph of one of America's most accomplished gypsy jazz guitarists playing this exact guitar at the 2003 NAMM show with a huge grin on his face. The folks at D'A told me he came back to their booth numerous times during the show asking to buy this guitar, but they refused because it was a prototype. I was very fortunate when they called me to ask if I wanted it, and it's been my #1 instrument for 4 years.

You can hear examples of its loud, punchy projection and elegant, expressive tone on my band's website, www.hotclubofnaptown.com. The guitar has excellent action and top-quality hardware. The only modification is that I added a John Pearse armrest to the upper bout to avoid dampening the top (this can be easily removed).

I swore I would never sell this one, but in order to buy the vintage piece I want, this has to go. Comes with the original hardshell case. 48-hour approval period. $2450 plus shipping (to US only). I will send high-quality digital photos to serious buyers.

Dave McCarty
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->