DjangoBooks.com

Need help to choose a guitar....

Hello ,

I'm mainly a jazz (bebop) guitar player , but also like to play django style ...
I enjoy reading this forum .... very informative and friendly place.
I'd like to buy a good D-hole gypsy guitar, 14 fret (670mm scale) ; I can't go to any store and will have to buy it without trying it....
I'm currently thinking of 2 models :
A dupont MC60 or MC50
A Dell arte hommage
Do some of you own these guitar ? Can you give me your feelings ?
How would they compare ?
I'm focusing on 2 things :
Sound (volume/projection/definition) and playability (neck shape, action) . I like easy (not too thick) neck and 'low' action (3mm/12th fret).

Any information welcome !
Any suggestions for other brand building this kind of guitar?

T
(sorry for the poor english)

Comments

• mmaslanmmaslan Santa Barbara, CANew
    The two models you mention are different sizes. The Hommage is based on the Favino and is an inch wider that the Dupont across the lower bout. You should consider whether the larger size suits your needs.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I own Dupont MDC 60 and I absolutely love it to death, (mDc are the 14 fret D-holes).
    It likes low action around 2.5 and Argentines 11.
    Beefy neck but very comfortable, I don't have giant hands but I found the thicker neck makes my hand less tired after long playing periods, it's not a 2x4 either.
    Plays like a dream.
    The one I have has a very pronounced high end and really cuts through rhythm effortlessly, the more I play it the deeper I fall in love with it.
  • _jazz__jazz_ New
    thanks for the reply!

how about the dell arte? I saw few comments about them... is there really such a big difference between dell arte and dupont ? (except the body size).
    The price is different....does it reflect a quality difference?

T
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    I'm selling a d-hole if you're interested:
    viewtopic.php?t=3348
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    I have a great MC50 that I'm selling. It's about a year and a half old, in perfect condition, with the addtion of a better bridge and set up by Josh Hegg. It's a fine guitar, but I've ordered a new custom made guitar, so I need to raise some cash. I'm asking $2800. Thats $700 less then what you would pay for a new one. Inbox me if your interested.
    -fopa