DjangoBooks.com

What song is it?

naguiynaguiy New
edited November 2007 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 20
I was wondering if anybody knew what song is being rehearsed on the bonus of Bireli's Live in Vienna DVD? If you look in the bonus, you find Bireli in studio working on a song (it is after the interview part). He hands his guitar to a guy (I dont know who) who starts playing a sequence of chords slowly. Then Florin, the violinist, plays over this sequence...
I do not know the name of the song, nor in which album it is, but love it nevertheless and would like to find its title.

Thanks for you help

Comments

I think this question was asked somewhere in here before, but I can't find it.

I think the answer was "Tears", but I could be way, way off.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    One of the songs they play is "Ou est-tu mon amour"...a slow song in A minor? I think this is the one you mean.
    Bireli recorded it for his Gypsy project and friends album, Stochelo has a version too in the Seresta album..
    My favorite version is Django's, it's on the Integrale 17, i think and also on a CD called Djangology 49 and a double cd called the indispensable django.
    One of his coolest solos ever... it sometimes brings me to tears, so beautiful and passionate.
  • naguiynaguiy New
    Thanks for the name of the song. It is indeed the wonderful "Ou es tu mon amour" from Django, played by Bireli.
    Does anybody know where I can find the chrods for this song?? I would really learn how to play the rhythm guitar for this track.

Thank you
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    Here is the chart from the old Gadjodrom site.....
    I wish it were still around !

David
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Here's one:
    http://www.manoucheries.com/grilles.php
    I don't play the F on the 7th measure just C and maybe some other changes here and there.
    Wonderful song!
    Enjoy.
    PS Looks like David beat me to it but that link will give access to more charts