DjangoBooks.com

I need a teacher or two in LA

Chris PetersonChris Peterson Santa Monica, CANew
edited November 2007 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 50
Hello,
As some of you may now from the Fake Book Project that I started (and have been too busy to work on for a little while...sorry guys) that I have been planning to go back to Berklee College of Music to finish my second bachelors in Performance. Ultimately, that proved to be more expensive than I can handle, so I decided to try for the same education here in LA.

My plan is to have a number of recitals between now and the end of summer (my anticipated grad date had I done berklee). 15 minutes in March, 30 in May, 60 in August. To do this I want one teacher to help me prepare recital materials, work on arrangements, plan the best songs that will feature my strengths as a player, etc. Basically what Berklee refers to as a recital prep class.

The other teacher is to help me to just become a better gypsy jazz player. Helping with soloing over standard progressions, working on good chord subs, helping to make me just plain better.

So, if anyone knows of anyone that could help me out, let me know. Thanks!

Chris Peterson
Work on the <A HREF="http://www.petersonmusic.com/wiki">Gypsy Jazz Fake Book</A>.No finale experience necessary.

Comments