DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthday

donquardo

ACE oval hole w/upgrades for sale

SeamusSeamus easthampton, maNew
edited July 2005 in Classifieds Posts: 14
1 year old ACE oval hole Selmer-style, upgraded with custom bridge by Michael Collins and a DR tailpiece. Solid rosewood back and sides, solid spruce top. ACE is a newcomer to Selmer-styles, and only a few have been made so far by this small company. To my ears, ACEs have mellower, more complex tone than the similarly-priced Gitanes (my bandmate sold his Gitane in favor of an ACE). It’s an excellent deal for a first gypsy jazz guitar. Great condition -- a little fret wear and one small finish crack. Please contact me (seamus42 at operamail dot com) for photos and sound file. Asking $750.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Just to add my two:

I've heard this guitar probably twice weekly for a good year (I'm the 'bandmate'), and it's got a lot to offer-like the man said: "an excellent deal for a first gypsy jazz guitar." I switched over to the Ace primarily for the neck; if, like me, you find the Gitane DG 250/250M/255 necks far too thin, you'll probably like this one. Also, I understand the next batch of Selmer-styles from this maker will run a grand or more, so now's the time. For those interested, you can also see some photos of one here:
    http://www.videos-events.com/ace/

Good hunting,
    Jack.
    Hi all,

I bought a used Dell'Arte not too long ago, and held on to my Ace until I was sure I was keeping the D'A. I am. So my Ace is now up for sale, same deal as above except no DR tailpiece and no crack, but with a case. $750 plus shipping/insurance to the US. I can also throw in a photo of Joscho playing it in Nashville for bragging rights among friends. Let me know via PM if you're interested!

Best,
    Jack.
  • trumbologytrumbology San FranciscoNew
    http://www.ace-guitars.com/

I don't think the Selmac is featured online, unfortunately. I see to recall reading that the ACE Selmac is a flattop, not arched like most Selmer style guitars. Anyone have any information on this?

nh
    I can measure things when I get home from work. In the meantime, you'll find photos (but no specs) here:
    http://www.videos-events.com/ace/

Have a look!
    Best,
    Jack.