DjangoBooks.com

Bigtone (looking to buy)

aa New York City✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a #2 sized Dupont Bigtone that they aren't using? Send me a PM.

Also, has anyone figured out how to hook this up with out drilling a hole?

Thanks,
Alex
Www.alexsimonmusic.com
Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I have done a few external installations. You just have shrink wrap the cord, and run it to a mini jack. Then fabricate a bracket to hold the jack. What guitar are you putting it on?

Cheers,
    Josh
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    my vielle. nothing permanent. i just want to get the bridge on there, and maybe schertler-gum the jack to the tailpiece?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
    The gum wont work. It's not strong enough. I can make you a bracket if you like for a small amount of $$. You can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> or call my shop at 1-888-535-9414. I have bigtones in stock and I could hook the whole thing up so all you would have to do it put it on your guitar. Just a thought...

Cheers,
    Josh
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    Hi:

At one point I was going to try the same thing with a bigtone....Matcho Winterstein and Tchavolo have used big tones without having them permanently attached also
    The brackets were very similar to some I've seen used with violins.....
    just use a 1/8" jack and a 1/8" to 1/4' cable ....the George L type cable
    would work well because of the light weight and size.

I wisely (in my opinion) opted for a schertler DYN G and a Unico amp.
    But if you dig the bigtone sound this is a way to go.

Here's a few pic's of Matcho's setup....you can see Tchavolo's rig by looking on youtube for L'Esprit Manouche in 2003 .

David
    Great images John! That is exactly what I do with one exception. I run the cord under the end of the tailpiece so that you only see the cord from the bridge tot he tailpiece and not that extra little but at the end of the tailpiece running to the jack.

Cheers,
    Josh