DjangoBooks.com

Park Encore - many upgrades - $3,000

Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
edited January 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 1,252
This is a beautiful guitar - big warm open sound that comes from her design and the choice of wood. The soundboard is top grade German Spruce and the back is top grade European fiddleback maple. It has the top soundport, Shelley's new and very playable neck profile. (a very slightly smaller than standard "c" profile) and curly Koa binding

This was my main rig till I started building. With the upgrades it was $4,200 without the case and that was before she raised her base price to $4k. This guitar would run $5k at her current prices.

It has one very small ding in the binding - other than that - it is mint.

-Bob
You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    edited January 2008 Posts: 159
    Bob

Can I assume this must be as close to an exact match to mine as there cold be? Might have to talk the other guitarist in our group to buying this.

-Chuck
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Hi Bob:

This looks stunning, and is from one of my favorite makers. Would you describe the acoustic properties of it in terms of timbre and volume for us?

Thank you.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Hi Chuck,

This is the guitar I had Shelly make when I missed out on buying your guitar by an hour or so. I asked her how close she could come to reproducing it and she said: "Well, I believe I still have some of that wood left and I have very good notes on that guitar - so - pretty darned close." It has the "Park" voice.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    Gents - Instead of trying to describe the sound - I'm just going to play a few chords on it and offer many apologies for my abilities as a GJ player - but I think this'll give you a rough idea of the sound. This was recorded at about 1.5 meters in the smaller room of my luthiery - it's about 5 meters x 6 meters x 3 meters with a fair amount of tooling & furniture in the room - a carpeted floor and acoustic foamed ceiling so the space is a bit on the dead side which works well for close recordings - fairly 'truthful' for an indoor recording space. I used an mp3 recorder and binaural mics like the ones Craig Bumgartner is selling. (great little stealth rig by the way)

Here 'ya go.
    Hey Bob,

Tried emailing you and got a Mail Delivery Failure. Send me your updated email address. Thanks.

Your cousin,

Mark LeVang
    Hi Mark,

Yes, I left the office life behind - my luthiery is really starting to take off and so instead of trying to do both - I went full time. I'll send you my new email.

-Bob
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Is the park still available? Shelley is currently making me a montmartre at this time, and I am in need of Selmer style guitar. Needless to say I love her work, and I should be selling another guitar this week. Thanks for the sound clips, they are very helpful.
    Nick
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Is the park still available? Shelley is currently making me a montmartre at this time, and I am in need of Selmer style guitar. Needless to say I love her work, and I should be selling another guitar this week. Thanks for the sound clips, they are very helpful. PM me if possible
    Nick
    On hold for a lucky gent back east...