DjangoBooks.com

1995 Dupont MD20-Sold

Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
edited March 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 795
For Sale: 1995 Dupont MD20 with McIntyre pickup installed, hard shell case. $2,200. 48 hour approval. It has been a great guitar for me over the last year and I part with it reluctantly. See Gallerie Dupont for details and pictures. Scroll down a page or two from the top.

http://galleriedupont.blogspot.com/

Will ship UPS Ground to 48 states at no extra charge. Other options available for a fee.

Email me via the forum email link. I'll give you my phone number and we can talk about it.

Craig Bumgarner

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Below are some fresh pictures taken this morning. Click on them for the larger versions. More details:
    • 1995 Dupont MD20
    • Solid curly maple back, sides and neck. Beautiful!
    • Spruce top
    • Ebony bindings (not celluloid).
    • Schaller enclosed tuners. Smooth and accurate. Stays in tune well.
    • McIntyre piezo pickup in body, end jack. Sounds great thru acoustic amp.
    • Working truss rod.
    • Plays very well, nice, fast Dupont neck, action at 2.5mm.
    • Some fret wear on the high E and B strings, but not enough to justify refretting at this time.
    • No fingerboard wear.
    • Repaired cracks in four places on sides. Happened years ago and there is no evidence of movement.
    • Crack along center line, between oval hole and fingerboard. Very stable.
    • Miscellaneous nicks and dings
    • Hard shell case.

This guitar is reasonably loud, sweet and clear. Sound is compact without a lot of overtones. It barks when driven hard. I've seen guitars like this go for $2,500 or more, but with the cracks, I bought it for less and am selling it likewise. These cracks do not seem to have any structural or tonal problems. This is a very stable, very playable guitar and has not required adjustments or shiming at the bridge over the last four months in Maryland climate (very hot, humid summers, cold, dry winters), unlike the two Asian made guitars I have owned.

This is a great opportunity to own Dupont quality, playability and tone for a reasonable price. Email me via the forum link and I'll respond with email address and telephone info. I check my email frequently so if you have emailed me and I don't respond, it is likely because I didn't get your message for some reason. If so, post message on forum and I'll respond to you.

I think the pictures make the top look more orange than it is. Pictures 3 & 4 are more like it than #1. Also, the pics make the contrast between the top and side look more than it is. Pic #2 is a good representation of the finish color of the backs and sides, maybe a touch more yellow. Overall finish is an aged maple amber, very nice I think.

Craig Bumgarner
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Hi guys,
    Just to add a little more weight to Craig's ad.
    I did play this guitar at several occasions, and it's a really awesome instrument. It has all the tones you want where you want them, and it plays really well... I actually never realized it has a crack.
    Also don't forget that this guitar played with the HCSF, which is pretty good endorsement for both parties...
    You're definitely hitting the high-end of the Dupont line.
    With the Euro / Dollar rate, these guitars would now go for more 5,500 USD.
    It's really a unique occasion for a wonderful instrument. :!:
    - JG
    The MD20 is ON HOLD pending payment.
  • simsaisimsai Quebec cityNew
    Hi there !

Is the guitar sold ?

Thanks !

Simon
    Simon
    simsai wrote:
    Is the guitar sold ?

I believe so. I'm told payment is in route. The buyer is in France, so it is taking a bit longer. If the deal falls through, I'll let you know.

Craig