DjangoBooks.com

Argentine singles

I seem to recall some saying they had a hard time finding single strings. I just wanted to mention that I got some from juststrings.com. The pricing seemed a little odd: $2.65 for a .022, $2.35 for .028, and $2.28 for .036. But they've got 'em, and fast shipment, too.
chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp...

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Have you actually gotten them yet? I think you might have ordered single strings for a classical set. The US distributor for Savarez does not import the single strings for the Argentine sets. I've been hounding them for a year...no luck yet!

'm
  • musicofanaticmusicofanatic Swingville✭✭✭
    Your question sent me dashing to look at the strings, because I barely looked at them when I opened the envelope. Luckily, yes, they are loop end "Argentine New Concept" steel strings, model #s 1013 (.022), 1014 (.028), and 1015 (.036). They ship promptly, too.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I talked to the Savarez distributor yesterday. They promised that they had finally ordered some single Argentines. So hopefully I will finally have those in stock again...and when you buy from me you help support Gypsy Research!

I asked the distributor about juststrings.com...apparently they have some how circumvented the distributor which is illegal. The distributor was rather alarmed to about it. Anyway, that's why they have them and I don't. Believe me, I've really, really tried to get them!

Thanks,

'm
  • musicofanaticmusicofanatic Swingville✭✭✭
    Well, Michael, let me assure you that when you have 'em, you will be my source of preference! Looking forward to attending your Picking workshop in Ma. in June.
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    On Michael's recommendation, I tried the Pierce single strings and they are excellent combined with the Savarez strings... seemless integration.