DjangoBooks.com

Denis Chang 4 Vol Set

wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 169
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have shipped out all orders of: Jazz Manouche Technique & Improvisation.

Thanks to everyone for their patience/understanding.

Please visit : http://www.hyperhipmedia.com for more info or to order.

Remember Django In June is only 2 months away, so order today and get practising. You'll feel really left out if you don't. I think this is going to turn into the Summer of Mich Mich Licks!

cheers

Wayne

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    uhh... i feel left out. what is a "Mich Mich" lick?
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Mich-Mich is Denis Chang's gypsy name.

I think it's just an endearing name given to Denis by some of the gypsy guitarists Denis studied with. I'm not fluent but I think it means something like... "stop asking me questions" or "figure it out yourself".

cheers

Wayne
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    just wanted to say i got mine today, so if you sent out on the 15th, that was really quick.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I'm in the middle/end of working through Vol.2 now. I am still astounded at how much I am learning from these DVDs. I would have become enlightened, on my own, to work out things to play over the Iv - IVm - I patterns. The DVDs have alerted me to what I already have been told by my teachers many times before, that I need to actually sit down and work these things out.

Thanks Dennis. Your DVDs are helping me a lot and they are a constant reminder of what I need to work on. There is nothing like watching the videos over and over and having you tell me repeatedly again and again... lol

I'm trying really hard but there is too much material here for me to finish before DjangofestNW arrives. I am hopeful to be able to absorb the 3rd DVD by then if all goes well...