DjangoBooks.com

K&K Pure Macaferri pickups?

mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
Anyone have any experience with this K&K pickup? It mounts two transducers, one under the moustache on each side of the bridge?

Thanks!

Comments

• Dr. HallDr. Hall Green Bay, WisconsinNew
    I have the K&K Pure Macaferri system in my Gitane DG-320 and love it. It produces a very natural, hollow, acoustic sound, so much so that I've quit using microphones for live playing and even use a signal from the K&K for one track when recording to achieve a nice balance. Drilling the end-pin jack hole was a bit scary, but it turned out well in my case. If you superglue the piezos like I did, the signal is really hot. It doesn't need a pre-amp, but in a couple of tight venues where feedback might have been an issue, I used a 10-band MXR equalizer pedal to dial out the frequencies that were feeding back without sacrificing too much of the lows or mids. I have also been able to run a line directly from the K&K through a direct box into pa systems with very good results. I'd highly recommend this system. It's way more natural sounding than a Big Tone, and it beats the daylights out of clip-on microphones which feed back readily.
    -Stefan
  • mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
    Did you have a problem getting inside the soundhole to do the installation? I've heard great things about K&K's other pickups, so your review doesn't surprise me at all. Thanks for the info!
  • Dr. HallDr. Hall Green Bay, WisconsinNew
    I didn't have a problem. The DG-320 is the large D-hole Jorgenson model. I think it might be a bit of a challenge with a petit bouche but have not tried to install the k&K on one of those yet.
    -Stefan