DjangoBooks.com

Set up from the store?

I'm posting here, because I wasn't sure where else to ask this. Sorry if it's off topic.

I just received my Cigano GJ-10 from the DJBooks store, and after a half hour of messing around, I can say it sounds great! I'm very excited. Anyway, I had the set up special thing added to my order, and I have a couple questions about it. First, I found another bridge in my case. It is staggered. Is this the stock one? I figured that they'd set it up with the custom one I ordered, but I can't tell which one is the custom one just by looking; I can only see that one is straight and the other is staggered. Second, which strings do you set it up with? They're loop-ends with purple threading. I'm getting black smudge on my pick and right hand. I'm not surprised to have in on my left hand, since I've read that the stain on the neck rubs off, but it's weird to see it coming off the strings over the hole part.

Anyway, just a few questions. Overall, I'm very, very happy with my purchase. Thanks, guys!

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Luke,

Glad you like the guitar!

The bridge that is on the guitar is the "custom"... the non staggered one. The one in the pocket in the case is the stock bridge from Saga.

Those strings are the Argi. 10s. They do make your fingers black for a while due to the silver winding. The tarnish form the silver makes your fingers black. It happens to me too with new strings. It will stop after a few days of playing.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Josh