DjangoBooks.com

Cool Video!

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited July 2008 in Welcome Posts: 557
So lately I have been really into this tune in this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdaKkAXaBkA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdaKkAXaBkA&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Of course the only time I have ever heard it is in this video. Anyone know anything about the tune? Or the cats playing it. There is a fiarly lengthy description of what I guess is the musicians in the info on youtube, but it is in dutch which I don't even pretend to kind of read. I have even been trying to figure out the chords which is frustrating because it doesn't seem like that tough of a tune but I can't seem to get them but I have watched this video at least 2 or 3 times a day for the past day or two. I looked at the guys other videos and it seems as though the person is a Sinti who lives I guess that would be Gerwen? there is a lot of Paulus Schaefer video there. Michael, Dennis can you guys shed any light on this stuff? really kind of cool. There are even video of church services. Which are kind of neat to see.
Thanks guys.
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Damnit I can never get the embed to work here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdaKkAXaBkA
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hey Cale,

I've got no real info except to help on the embed...for Djangobooks you just paste in the URL (not the embed info, just the URL), highlight it, and click the YouTube button above the window you put your message in. Et voila:

I think it only works for the US version of youtube, though...

best,
    Jack.
    Jack- thanks man that is a lot easier. I work on computer networks all day long and I still can't figure out the basic stuff :lol:
    easy
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    those guys live in another campsite called Son en Breugel. They're singing a song in the gypsy language, probably a composition... i can make out a few words, it seems they're talking about the gypsy life... playing music and stuff like that
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    awesome. The Youtube rules. I followed some links off that video and I found this awesome Paulus Schaefer vid:

AWESOME!!!!- yeah the original video I have been into because it fits into some research ideas I have. that last one is just cool in a very cheesy kind of way, but like we say in school man "work is work!" and pardon me for saying so but that brunette lady is slammin!

easy
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    Paulus knows how to make a good video, thats for sure! ;-)