DjangoBooks.com

AJL 503 Model

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited August 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 2,161
From AJ's website:

Not so many of us know that the legendary guitar which used to reside in the Paris Conservatory museum - the Selmer no. 503 once owned and played by Django Reinhardt - was braced in a slightly different way to other oval holes from the era.

In comparison with the Standard oval-hole guitar, Model-503 offers little more bass response as well as a mellower high end

From me:

I'm having AJ build me a custom guitar (top secret hehe) so I need to sell this one. Like the website says, it definitely has more bass response and a mellow high end. With 11s, the guitar projects nicely.

It's a copy of Django's 503 so the neck is a bit bigger and "rectangular" shaped as opposed to most guitars which are "D" shaped. For those of you who have played Gallato guitars, it's almost the same but definitely not as big!

I've had the guitar for slightly over a year (and it's been played a lot!), and it comes with an AJL fiberglass case that's apparently worth 500 euros alone

check it out here

[url=http://www.ajl-guitars.com/features.htm]http://www.ajl-guitars.com/features.htm[/url]
----
The guitar is also installed with a Schatten Design passive pickup, I have the preamp for it as well.

This is the guitar I used for my improv DVDs, you can check it out here (among many other clips)

[url=

and here's a video of gonzalo playing it (after the violon solo)

[url=

--------------------
I'd like to get the equivalent of 2000 euros for it.

At the moment that would be : 3140$ US or 3190$CDN

Brand new w/o the pickup the guitar is 3200 euros which is roughly 5000 bucks.

If I don't sell it before the end of september, I'll probably bring it to DFNW for michael to sell on his website, and I will have to increase the price.

Comments