DjangoBooks.com

Short scale oval hole?

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
Having decided that I am definitely a short scale person (small hands), and also having recently purchased a short scale 14 fret Anouman from Alain at Dell'Arte (and loving it!), I'm now curious: is there any modern builder who makes a short scale oval hole? I know there were some Selmer oval holes built to a short scale during the "transition period" between the original Maccaferri D hole and the final long scale oval.
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    klaatu wrote:
    I'm now curious: is there any modern builder who makes a short scale oval hole?

The only builder I can think of who makes that as a standard model is Michael Dunn....I believe his Stardust model is a short scale.

But nearly any other luthier will build that if you ask...I'm sure Dupont, Hahl, Jp Favino, Shelley Park, Dell Arte, etc would make a short scale oval hole for you.

'm
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Thanks for the info, Michael. Having just blown my wad on the Dell'Arte, I'm not going to be in the market anytime soon, but it's good to know that just in case (like, just in case I win the lottery or maybe some long-forgotten aunt leaves me a fortune in her will, that sort of thing).
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Patenotte 256/258 are short scales. jacques has them.