DjangoBooks.com

Looking to Buy

aa New York City✭✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 800
I'm interested in Favino, or Favino styled guitars, and am curious to know what the options are right now. So, if you are looking to unload a Hommage with French dots on the neck and no bigtone installed, or if you've got a Favino or another guitar built to Fav specs, hit me up.

I'd want a 48 hour approval period + I've also got a Dupont Vielle Reserve with Brazilian Rosewood that I'd be looking to sell or add to the trade if I like the Favino.

Alex
Www.alexsimonmusic.com
Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/

Comments

• marcieromarciero Southern MaineNew
    I posted this as a reply so as not to delete Alex's ad.

For Sale:
    Schatten HFN 2S Artist active pickup $120
    K and K Pure Macaferri passive $70

These are both pre-wired. They have been previously installed but are working perfectly and come with putty, tape, glue, etc that came with them originally.

FYI I already have the older Schattens in two guitars; one of them passive as I did not want to install a battery. I also sold the guitar that one of these was going into so I simply don't need these.

You can pm or reply to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> (best bet)

Mike
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hello Alex,
    Just curious about what's making you switch from Selmer style to Favino...
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    I haven't switched yet...

I tried a Hommage today and I have to say that one cool thing about the Favino design is that the lower strings are very open feeling...you can dig in on them really close to the bridge. And they really do have more mid-range, like a resonator guitar.

But, I think my VR is louder, and you can dig in more next to the bridge on the higher strings. This is something I've noticed on almost every traditional Favino design I've played..they really feel locked up on the higher strings in comparison to the lower. It would be great if a luthier figured out how to un-lock the higher end strings more.

Also the Dupont has a much more up-front tone. Unlike the Favino style, it's dry. I have played a Favino that has this crispness as well, but this one differed from the traditional design. There are only a few guitars that I've played that have a sharp Django sound like the VRB's..

So, the jury is still out for me.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/