DjangoBooks.com

Your Favourite DFNW show?

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited September 2008 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 765
Each year as DFNW approaches, I inevitably reminisce about the prior Djangofests and having been fortunate to have attended all DFNWs to date, the one show that keeps coming back to mind, was the final 2004 show on the Sunday night of the Ferre Brothers. When I think of that show I'm instantly reminded of the great camaraderie of the two brothers and the electric performance and display of some of the most wonderous guitar playing I've ever seen! :D

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    My favorite ever was Robin Nolans detuned performance of Nuages which may have been 2004 I think. I think he tuned the guitar down a whole octave and played it that way. Also, I think Gonzalo's first performance was a jaw-dropper and really fun to watch. Finally, Andreas Obergs first Djangofest NW show was awesome, when he did all the harmonics and stuff. I can't wait for this year!
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    For me,The Schmitts DFNW06 ...perfect show, had the sound guy been taken out and shot.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    It's amazing when you think of all the great artists and groups that have been at DFNW. Every year has held surprises and must-see, will-always-remember shows. I suspect the Rosenbergs will be one of those great moments in DFNW history. All of us going this year are truly blessed to have this group playing for us on the island. (Thank you Nick Lehr!)

Look forward to seeing all you fellas tomorrow; folks have asked me to bring some Selmer lapel pins again -- I'll have some for $7 each. I'll also have some small DFNW 2008 stickers; as usual, those will be free just for the askin'.

AE
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    I think I have to agree with Phil (not that that's a bad thing!).

Watching Boulou and Elios was transcendent beyond any of the pyrotechniques of any of other performers over the years. It was a purity of musical "reaching" that we may never have the good fortune to witness again. I have NEVER seen a performance that was so completely and totally in the moment, about creating something in that very moment, always.

There was not a phrase that was played that was a "lick", every note that night was preceded by thought.
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Hey Eddy, what's that selmer pin thingie you're talking about ? :shock:
    Save a couple of pairs for the Rosenbergs and me :) We'll be there friday PM.
    Cheers !
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    don't trust eddy, supermariomaccaferri... he wants the hands of stochelo rosenberg