DjangoBooks.com

single string chromatic starting on the up beat

Lucius371Lucius371 Lakewood, WANew
edited November 2008 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 22
Greetings,
My question is regarding single string chromatic type line starting on an up beat. A common example is the chromatic passage starting on the 25th measure of Donna Lee. There are many others examples, to be sure. Any thoughts on this and recommended fingerings for these sort of lines.

ps... Michael, I'm saving up for your book, though I'm getting alot of insight from this forum. At first the gypsy method is overwhelming and frustrating. I sort of felt like all my alternate stroke lines were rubbish. I'm somewhat compromising trying to emulate Adrien or Joscho Stephan using rest stroke predominantly and using other methods for certain lines. Now I realize that only "most" of my alternate lines were rubbish.
"de non conveniendo cum hereticus"

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I wouldn't say there is really an strict rule on that...most likely you'd just alternate pick it if it's all on one string. You could start on an up or down stroke depending on what phrasing you want. You could even start with 2 downs in a row to get a stronger accent.

'm